- May 20, 2012
Started development on a new Task Management Application this weekend - I have dubbed it "OnTask". Catchy, right? My objectives in developing this system are:
- Ease of creating tasks
- Being able to assign tasks to one or more people
- Getting notified by email or text message (both are optional in user account settings) when a task is assigned to you or when your task is updated
- Multiple lists
- List and Calendar viewing of tasks
- Upload files to tasks
- Mobile Application for syncing tasks between devices
- Meeting Tracker - I like to see and be notified when meetings are upcoming
- Integration with Outlook/Gmail/etc
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to print tasks (neatly!)
- Recurring Tasks
If I can accomplish all of the above, I really think I'll have a nice application on my hands that will help me keep track of not only the work I need to do, but also the work I have my slaves doing!
It's gonna be goooooooooooooooooooood, just you wait and see!